NYC has its first case of COVID-19. A women who recently traveled to Iran, and tested positive, is under quarantine and observation at home in Manhattan. There is no additional advice from health officials at this time, other than to maintain calm and common sense seasonal flu prevention precautions.
- Get your flu shot — it’s not too late.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Everyone should stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Get ALL COVID-19 information ONLY from public health officials – NOT social media news feeds which are riff with falsehoods and conspiracy theories from unqualified individuals. If the information didn’t come from public health influenza planning sources, no matter how well meaning, check it out before you share it.
It is critical to community calm and informed decision making that religious leaders only message public health messaging. NYDIS will share any updates from our long-term and trusted public health partners.